Monday, November 21, 2011

Two of Eleven Imprisoned Arakanese Youth Walk Free from Insein Prison

Narinjara

Yangon: Two of eleven Arakanese youth were were arrested and imprisoned in 2009 walked free from Insein Prison in Rangoon on Friday morning after they completed their respective prison terms.

Insein Prison
The two released youth are Ko Khine Kyaw Moe and Ko Zaw Tun Nine.

"Zaw Tun Nine and I were freed from Insein Prison this morning. We were freed because we have completed our respective terms in prison," said Ko Khine Kyaw Moe.

"We were charged under Section 7 for unlawful association and jailed. I was charged as the coordinator of the All Arakanese Student and Youth Congress, based in exile, and all of us have had connections with the AASYC. We were arrested in 2009 and sentenced to our respective jail terms in November 2010. Zaw Tun Nine and I from our group have been released from prison because we completed our jail terms, but the other eight are still remaining in the prison," he added.

Khine Kyaw Moe said the prison conditions for the political prisoners have improved a bit with the change in political climate, but they are still "at the stage of window dressing".

"I have found that political prisoners are now a bit favored inside the prison and allowed to get necessary medical treatments, and I think [the prison authorities] have lessened their stiffness a bit toward the political prisoners with the change in the political climate in our country, but the general prisoners are still living like before without getting any rights. They would lime the prison cells and prepare everything every time before their bosses come to visit the prison, and so I can say the improvements for the prison conditions are still at the stage or window dressing," he said.

Ko Zaw Tun Nine also said that he felt happy for his freedom from prison, but sorry for those political prisoners remaining in the prison for their consciences.

"I am happy because I am already freed from the prison, but feeling very sorry for those remaining political prisoners whose faces I am always seeing in my eyes," he said.

"I never feel sad for the jail terms I have served, but proud of myself for being jailed because I was jailed just for working for the cause of my compatriot people and country, and that is just the cause every national must work for," he added.

Both men said they are in good health and will continue to work for the development of Arakanese youth as well as for peace in Burma.

They also said they would use their freedom and try their best for the freedom of their nine colleagues, including Tun Lin Kyaw, Ko Kyaw Win, and Ko Mae Lone, who are still remaining in different prisons.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Popular Posts

Welcome to Coral Land (သႏၱာၿမီ) Copyright © 2009 WoodMag ,and Created by Arakan Indobhasa for Arakan Blogger