Thursday, April 8, 2010

Arakanese Worker in Malaysia Electrocuted

4/6/2010

By Khaing Khaing Zan, Dhaka:An Arakanese migrant worker died in Malaysia on Sunday after suffering electrocution, said the victim's brother Ko Soe Aung.

"My brother Maung Myint Soe died on Sunday while showering in the bathroom after being shocked by electricity. He was sent to the hospital immediately after the accident but we were unable to save him," he said.


Maung Myint Soe, aged 30, was working in a factory in Joho Baru City in Malaysia when the accident occurred along with his two brothers, one elder and one younger.

"I am deeply worried for my mother. She may be overwrought with stress when she receives the information of my brother's death," said the youngest brother Ko Soe Lun Tun.

Maung Myint Soe hailed from Kala Chaung Village in Rathidaung Township, 20 miles north of the Arakan State capital Sittwe.

Word of the incident has been conveyed to the factory owner in order to get just compensation for the family, but the owner has yet to reply to the request, the brother said.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
There was an error in this gadget
There was an error in this gadget

Popular Posts

Welcome to Coral Land (သႏၱာၿမီ) Copyright © 2009 WoodMag ,and Created by Arakan Indobhasa for Arakan Blogger